First, let me encourage you with a few eternal promises from God’s Word:
For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of love, and of power, and of a sound mind. 1 TIMOTHY 1:7
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. JOHN 14:26
…I will never leave you, nor forsake you.HEBREWS 13:5
- Approach with genuine sincerity, and smile: you’ll almost always get one in return. Plus, it makes for a receptive listener.
- Always look people in the eyes, kindly. Your eyes serve as the window to your soul – let them see what’s inside!
- If you don’t have time to engage in dialog, don’t ask the person if they would like a tract. Rather, confidently give the tract as though it were a $100 bill, “I’d like you to have this!”
- After they have the tract, ask a question and begin to relate to the situation at hand, then segue to the spiritual.
- If someone refuses a tract or is hostile, bless them ACTS 3:26 (to their face, and mean it) and pray for them as soon as possible.
While there is no one right way, following are effective ways to approach people (TIP: Make sure you hand the tract to the person as you say these words.):
- “Here… I’d like you to have this.”
- “Did you get one of these?”
- “Here’s a special gift for you!”
- “This is very valuable, and just for you!”
- “You look like you could use good news!”
- “Here’s a FREE gift for you!”
Think up your own and let us know what works for you!
Remember: God will equip you for His work. He is in control and will guide you; He won’t let you down. Trust in the Lord — He’s trustworthy. When we surrender our life — everything we have — to the Lord have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. PHILIPPIANS 1:21
Saints, you can confess the Lord Jesus before ALL and preach the Gospel to every creature with boldness in Him. Don’t allow Satan to convince you otherwise. That old dragon is a liar and a thief; seeking to kill and destroy you in any way possible, but we have the Victor, King Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Take up the Sword, and slay the Dragon! Save some with compassion, and pull others from the fire with fear, before it’s too late.
Go and preach the Gospel!